About me

My name is Marko Markovic and I am a software developer, a musician and a researcher. I am intrigued by algorithms and new techniques and I want to improve my software development skills.

While working on different projects I like to document what I have learned. A new technique, a new algorithm, solution to a problem or a tool. The reason I am writing this blog is to help out other people in their programming endeavors and also I write so I won't forget.

If you are interested to find out more about me visit markomarks.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Drawable folders and drawable files

Howdy y'all, how is it going?

Try to plan your drawables ahead. Considering that android doesn't like sub folders in drawable folders, and because of the lowercase naming conventions you need to organize things or you will get lost.

If you plan on adding some animation (AnimationDrawable) to your application it can get out of hand. Every frame needs to be saved as a separate image in the drawable folder with all the other images.

To me, naming conventions of files helped a lot.


Hope this was somewhat helpful, Have a nice day

Update(1/23/2016) - After switching to Android Studio there is a neat gradle command to help you out. You can find more information about that at the following link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive