About me

My name is Marko Markovic and I am a software developer, a musician and a researcher. I am intrigued by algorithms and new techniques and I want to improve my software development skills.

While working on different projects I like to document what I have learned. A new technique, a new algorithm, solution to a problem or a tool. The reason I am writing this blog is to help out other people in their programming endeavors and also I write so I won't forget.

If you are interested to find out more about me visit markomarks.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Android device offline in Android Studio

Hello there,

long time no write. This is my first post for the year 2016 and this one was a hair puller. My Nexus 7 almost ended up out the window.

The problem is that the Android Studio reports your connected device as being offline and you are not able to debug the app you are developing, and that can be frustrating.

You have done it all:

  • You have installed the latest usb drivers on your device,
  • Restarted the adb (the infamous kill-server command)
  • Turned off and back on the USB debugging
  • Restarted Android studio
  • Rebooted the device
  • Rebooted the computer
None of the above worked for me, as it turns out I had to do the following. On your android device go to the Developer options -> Revoke USB debugging authorizations.  After that I reconnected the android device and everything magically worked.

As a side note, I haven't use that device in a while. I think I had 2 updates to Android Studio in the meantime. Maybe that is why it had problems with debugging, some stale data stuck in the cache somewhere.

Hope it saves you some time and nerves,

Until next time,
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive